Skillet Lemon Chicken with Olives & Herbs
- 1/2 tbsp grass-fed ghee
- 4 (8 oz) pasture-raised chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons organic whole wheat/tapioca/garbanzo flour
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup pitted chopped olives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 thin lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F with the rack in the center position.
- Heat the ghee in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then sprinkle with flour. When skillet is hot, sear chicken about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic, wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and olives. Top with lemon slices if desired, transfer the pan to the oven and bake about 10 minutes, until 165° F in the center.
- Serve hot topped with parsley.