Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Cauliflower Soup
- organic coconut oil
- 16 oz cauliflower florets
- 16 oz brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp high-quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan or sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Spread coconut oil over a large glass baking dish. Place the cauliflower and the brussels in the baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and roast on the bottom third of the oven 25 minutes, tossing half way until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a large sauce pan over low heat and add shallots. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the sea salt and vegetable broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Shut the oven, reserve about 1 generous cup of the roasted vegetables and keep warm on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the rest of the bake to the pot and simmer 2 minutes.
- Transfer in two batches to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in 4 bowls topped with the roasted vegetables and fresh black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. :)