Grilled Shrimp & Vegetable Bowl
- 32 (12 oz) wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons high-quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper (or more, to taste)
- Coconut oil
- 1 (7 oz) zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- 4 ounces Hass avocado (1 small), diced
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Gently pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, coconut sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss again and carefully skewer shrimp onto pre-soaked wood or metal skewers. Set aside.
- Rub the bell pepper and zucchini with coconut oil and use your hands to evenly coat. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the bell pepper halves and zucchini for 4 minutes. Using long metal tongs, carefully turn the peppers and zucchini then place the shrimp on the grill. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, flipping the shrimp after 2 minutes. Remove everything from the grill at the same time.
- Dice the peppers and zucchini. Place the peppers, zucchini, avocado and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to evenly coat. Divide shrimp and salad among 4 plates and serve.
- Serve over bed of raw spinach or steamed kale. (Optional)