Chickpea Avocado Salad
This Chickpea and Avocado salad is my go-to lunch when I need something fast and healthy! I load it up with garden vegetables and top it with a little olive oil and lemon, or olive oil and vinegar depending on my mood. Super simple, fresh and fills me up!
- 2 cups chopped greens such as romaine or spinach
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup diced cucumbers
- 2/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ sliced avocado
- 2 tsp extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 3 tsp unfiltered apple cider vinegar (I use Braggs) or fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Divide the lettuce, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes and avocado in two bowls.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle each with olive oil and vinegar, lemon juice, or Primal Kitchen salad dressing.