Avocado Toast with Lemon & Kale
- 4 slices of Ezekiel bread or sourdough bread
- 1 or 2 avocados (½ avocado per slice of bread)
- 1 cup shredded kale (no stems)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 thin slices radish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, juice of ½ lemon and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt.
- Massage kale with your hands for about 1 minute, until the kale softens.
- Toast the slices bread to your preference.
- Slice the avocado in half, reserving ½ an avocado for each slice of bread. Mash gently with a fork and spread over bread when done toasting. Season with sea salt, black pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Top each with the massaged kale, pinch of chia seeds, and sliced radish (optional). Finish with pinch salt and black pepper to taste.